13 4 / 2013
13 3 / 2013
- 1: I don't want kids when I grow up.
- 2: You'll change your mind when you get older. You're only 12. You're too young to know what you want.
- 3: I'm pregnant.
- 2: How could you be so stupid? Do you know anything about safe sex? You should be ashamed.
- 4: I'm a single mother with an infant son.
- 2: You should've gone to college first. You need a stable career before you can support a child.
- 5: I'm married and my spouse and I both have stable careers. I have two young daughters now.
- 2: You're not staying home? Who's going to take care of them? You're just going to put them in day care while you work? That's selfish of you. You can't expect to raise decent kids with a full-time job.
- 6: I just had my first child.
- 2: Why would you have a child when you're that old? Do you realize the health risks of being pregnant at your age? When your kid is a teenager you'll be a senior citizen. That's inconsiderate of you.
- 7: I haven't had any children.
- 2: Your life must be so unfulfilling. Is there something wrong with you? Why didn't you want kids? How strange.
13 3 / 2013
"When a man says no in this culture, it’s the end of the discussion. When a woman says no, it’s the beginning of a negotiation."